This week at Bungie, we’re gearing up for even more Trials of Osiris, this time with the return of Freelance so solo players can have fun. We also have more patch notes to go through, as well as Sanity resources, as we know Season of the Haunted’s storyline can get a bit heavy.
I don’t know about all of you, but the storyline of Haunted continues to hit us in those feelings. These are heavy themes and players around the world have shared how the ongoing narrative has connected with them and their own stories. For that reason, we just want to make sure you’re okay, so if you’d like some help analyzing those feelings, we’ve listed some helpful resources for you later in this TWAB. Use them or not, your choice but the option is there. Look up, Guardian, your sanity matters.
As mentioned, we have a few patch notes to go through, including known issues that are addressed first and those that require a bit more cooking time. For now, let’s dive right in with another Trials of Osiris weekend.
The first Freelance Trials of Osiris weekend for Season of the Haunted is on the way, which means more opportunities to experience the ultra-competitive PvP mode for anyone curious about what it has to offer. Whether you’re playing for engrams or playing for that coveted Lighthouse spot, you’ll have another chance to play both later this week.
We’ve gathered a lot of feedback from the Trials experience, and through that, we’ve learned some important lessons about the playerbase most involved in competitive experiences like this. We want you to enjoy your time in the Saint-14 PvP Arena of Goodness. We’ll continue to consider those comments, but for now, enjoy Freelance and go make Saint smile. He needs it.
We take these issues seriously and will invest the time and resources necessary to protect our community from malicious actors.
That said, do not try to harass, attack or pile up this individual. Any direct intervention not performed by Bungie’s legal team could impair our ability to address the harm to our community, which is our priority. We have your back and will make sure that person finds the future they deserve. While we appreciate that sentiment, we’re not asking for your help to make it happen.
Now that this person has been identified, it has removed some of the issues we were facing when reviewing license applications for archived music downloads. If you were expecting them, thank you for your patience and we hope to get back to you in the coming weeks.
Our phenomenal Player Support team is back in action to review some of the known issues that Bungie is aware of, including the bug that broke around Seasonal Challenges for Sever. For those interested in the inner workings of Destiny 2find out what they had to say in their latest report below.
- 9:00 a.m. PDT (1600 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 the interview begins.
- 9:15 a.m. (4:15 p.m. UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 are taken offline.
- 10:00 a.m. (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Patch 220.127.116.11 will start rolling out to all platforms and regions.
- 2:00 p.m. (2100 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 the interview is over.
Regarding what needs to be fixed for this update cycle:
- Fixed an issue where players could shoot through barricades, Ward of Dawn, and thin walls when the Piercing Sidearms artifact mod and Armor-Piercing Rounds weapon mods are equipped.
- The Piercing Sidearms artifact mod will be re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Crucible Vermilion shader effects were causing unintended photosensitivity issues.
- Investigation of special effects in nightmare containment activities that caused unintended photosensitivity issues.
- Fixed an issue where Wings of Sacred Dawn did not offer the offered airborne efficiency buff.
- Fixed an issue where Peregrine Greaves did not offer a offered airborne effectiveness buff.
- Fixed an issue where Peacekeepers were not offering the offered Airborne Effectiveness buff.
- Fixed an issue where the Raid Master Vault of Glass did not have all challenges active when available through the new raid and dungeon rotator.
- Nezarec’s Whisper crafting template cannot be deleted.
- Defeating targets while Radiant with the Knock ’em Down does not refund melee energy when used with Caliban’s Hand.
- Calus Mini-Tool and Drang (Baroque) not updating to Masterwork gold borders after upgrading to two enhanced traits.
- The Empty Grief seasonal challenge will not be completed if a player collects the scythe that spawns in the final encounter or uses weapon traits that cause explosions, such as Dragonfly. Players must complete the encounter with their weapons equipped to complete the challenge.
To enter for a chance to be featured in our special Bungie Day TWAB, upload your “cheap cosplay” takes to social media using the hashtag #ShredsofLight.
Yes, you heard it right: Shreds of Light, but don’t worry all you fashionistas. That doesn’t mean Threads of Light is over; he is still very much alive. As some of you have pointed out on social media, Telesto must have felt a little left out with all the Threads love, but we think we’ve got it back in control. For the moment…
Hi Hi. Hippy and Sam here with the latest movie of the week, teaming up in the name of creativity!
hippy: Those who don’t know how, teach, don’t they? Is that the saying? Anyway, I still can’t solo the new Duality dungeon (I’m still “getting gud” as the youngsters say), so I wanted to take a moment to shout out one of the many members from the community who tackled this loot head-on and off because: (1) it’s just awesome and (2) all bow!? That’s pretty cool, so naturally we had to share.
Sat: Animated! I was looking for a PvP edit to use this week and wanted to make sure to repeat, we cannot use your videos if there are terrible names present, frequent use of swear words or negative comments in the submitted content. We know you don’t control the internet, but you do control the content you post. Please make sure you don’t post things that could potentially prevent you from being featured in MOTW.
But then it appeared and its Fate mixed with Naruto and how was I supposed to say no? And no, I’m not sorry for having back-to-back anime, as Liana told me earlier today, “More anime, less trouble.”
Movie of the week: All-Bow Solo Victory, Duality Edition
Movie of the week: Fate xNaruto | firefly light
To change things up, here we have Ivan and Bruno from our international community team weighing in with some of their artistic choices. The more, the merrier, so take it away, boys!
Ivan: Something about this early illustration takes me back to years when the music was more hardcore and the color palettes more neon. Incredible work!
Bruno: I’m a huge Titans fan this season. I fuck haters all day. But I’m even more of a fan of Crow, my handsome and naive Hunter. He’s been dealing with a lot lately, but I couldn’t be more proud of his growth and how he seems to be fitting in.
Art of the week: “What were you already the god of?
Arts of the week: The crow remembers
You know the drill now. Don’t forget to tag us with these adorable artist creations using the tags #AOTW, #Destiny2Art and #MOTW for a chance to be featured.
As promised, we wanted to provide additional resources for Guardians who could take the Season of the Haunted storyline to heart. We loved hearing your stories and we are so touched that you entrust us with such sensitive memories.
“I should leave,”