- 3 year part-time fixed term position
- Salary Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation
- Based at the Bundoora campus
About the role
As an Industry Fellow, Child and Family Health, you are responsible for carrying out teaching activities within the Child and Family Health Graduate Program and the maintenance and advancement of your academic, research and/or professional abilities.
You will be expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with the academic, industry and professional communities. As an Industry Fellow, you will be expected to work collaboratively and collegially with other academics within the teaching team and keep your colleagues and students informed of developments in maternal and child health.
You may also be responsible for course coordination and help plan and support internships and liaise with clinical agencies and the RMIT WIL team to make recommendations for clinical contracts.
To be successful in this position, you will have at a minimum:
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality programs or program materials.
- Ability to assume a course coordination role.
- Emerging professional experience and recognition of quality research output that will contribute to existing research areas of the discipline and school, as evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and linkages with industry.
- Good knowledge of Victoria’s Maternal and Child Health Service and contemporary issues.
- Demonstrated professional practice within the previous five years and experience working in the higher education sector to deliver programs focused on child and family health.
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife
- Evidence of a postgraduate qualification at the minimum level of Postgraduate Diploma in Child and Family Health and qualification at Masters level
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a national police and working with children check.
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing your suitability and a separate document highlighting the main selection criteria for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply‘ link below.
Applications closed Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and business with more than 95,000 students and nearly 10,000 employees worldwide. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational, and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our goal is to provide life-changing experiences for our students and help shape the world through research, innovation, education and industry engagement. With strong links to industry forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains essential to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research and the development of highly skilled and globally focused graduates .
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different from us or challenge ourselves, we become stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can accomplish so much more. We respect each other, accept our differences and build a sense of belonging within our team and beyond.
RMIT is a disability confident recruitment team and we are happy to tailor the recruitment process to your accessibility needs. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au with your preferred type of communication and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child-safe organization. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing our employees, regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications from all sectors of the community are encouraged and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are currently prioritizing applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/