- 1 x part-time (0.6 FTE), permanent lecturer position available
- Academic level C ($125,531 – $144,750) + 17% superannuation
- Based on the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based on other University campuses
About the College
STEM College has a leadership position and expertise in science, technology, engineering, math, and health (STEM). We are uniquely positioned to influence and collaborate with industry like never before.
STEM College is a community of outstanding STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers, and game changers supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs in all STEM disciplines at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, and ensure that our students receive a work-aligned and life-changing education.
More information about STEM College in this link.
Discipline of Nursing
The discipline of nursing offers programs that prepare students for diverse and complex healthcare environments, teaching is underpinned by a culture of academic excellence, innovative research, clinical practice and strong community partnerships. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Mental Health Nursing, Graduate Diploma in Child and Family Health Nursing, and advanced research degrees are offered.
Details of the discipline can be found at: https://www.rmit.edu.au/study-with-us/health-science/nursing
About the role
As a senior lecturer, you will contribute to the School’s teaching, scholarship, research and industry engagement efforts in the discipline of nursing. Specifically, you will be responsible for teaching activities in an area related to your expertise in acute care nursing, people with disabilities, or nursing care for the elderly in the undergraduate program.
This role will also see you:
- Maintain and continue to advance your academic, professional and/or research abilities
- Actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining industry engagement, memberships, links and partnerships with the academic and professional communities
- Work collaboratively and collegially with other academics within the teaching team, and inform colleagues and students of developments in your field/specialization
- Responsible for course coordination.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate large courses and to prepare and deliver courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level, including high quality curriculum and curriculum materials in acute care, disabled or elderly care and the ability to implement innovative approaches for student-centered learning and quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to support student issues related to effective learning and liaise with clinical agencies to support student learning and problem solving.
- Nationally recognized emerging research experience, including a substantial record of research results in high-quality outlets.
- Experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to achieve high quality results, attract and secure external research funding to support research research efforts and manage funded research projects.
- Emerging experience in supervising higher degrees by research candidates to maximize research performance.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to network effectively with colleagues and external agencies to generate clinical placements for RMIT students.
Compulsory for Lecturer – Level C
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- PhD in a related field or approved AQF equivalency with relevant industry experience
- Appointment to this position is subject to passing a work with children test.
Please submit your CV, a cover letter and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria for this position by clicking on the “Apply” link below. For more information on this position, please see the job description below.
Applications close on Thursday, September 29, 2022.
Bring your whole being to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different from us or challenge ourselves, we become stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can accomplish so much more. We respect each other, accept our differences and build a sense of belonging within our team and beyond.
We are proud that our commitment to diversity has been recognized by a wide range of external organizations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a disability confident recruitment team and we are happy to tailor the recruitment process to your accessibility needs. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au with your preferred type of communication and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child-safe organization. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing our employees, regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications from all sectors of the community are encouraged and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are currently prioritizing applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
We are a Circle Back initiative employer – we are committed to responding to every candidate.