Our bold vision, reflected in our Strategic Plan: Make a Difference: Agenda 2025, is to be internationally recognized as a global research leader, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of the most enterprising graduates from Australia.
To achieve this ambition, we recently made a significant organizational change to a six-college structure with professional alignment of staff and services.
We recognize that the key to our success is exceptional people and we are looking for an exceptional individual to join our transformed university team.
Type of employment:
Fixed term until December 2022 | Full time
Higher Education Officer Level 4
$66,844 – $72,093 per year
Employer Relations and Recruitment Coordinator
Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students)
The Careers and Employability team is a small, collaborative team that works together to facilitate engagement between key stakeholders, including students, graduates, faculty and industry professionals, which leads to the sharing of information and connections, to enrich the employability of students and increase professional success for all. students.
Under routine to general supervision, the Student Engagement Assistant will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end development and implementation of engagement projects and activities delivered by the Careers and Education team. employability.
Main responsibilities of the position
The Student Engagement Assistant is responsible for:
- Respond to stakeholder inquiries received via phone, email, CareerHub and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system in a timely manner, assigning relevant personnel as needed.
- Contribute to the creation of tailored communication to increase student engagement in careers and employability programs and initiatives, including assisting in the identification of relevant communication channels, content development and delivery in right time.
- Provide project, administrative and logistical support to the Careers and Employability team to support the end-to-end delivery of projects and engagement activities.
- Support end-to-end student and employer engagement activities taking place on campus and online, as directed.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the CareerHub database, ensuring content is accessible and up-to-date.
- Support the supervisor to identify issues and assist in the implementation of solutions relating to projects and service delivery.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to the team on task progress and/or required support.
- Assist in monitoring engagement by collecting and reviewing data across all career activities and providing the team with goal achievement data as needed.
- Any other responsibilities related to the level of the position assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Capabilities of the key position
- Qualifications at Certificate Level III or above in administration, business, marketing, event management, communications, design or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/ training in one of these areas.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to provide quality customer service to a diverse clientele.
- Demonstrated skills in effective written and oral communication.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain databases and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- An ability to create and upload content to social media, including Instagram.
- Ability to create visually appealing content using design tools, such as Canva.
- Ability to contribute to the development of online resources, surveys and promotional materials, including website content.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Prescribed conditions of employment
It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current check for working with children which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) (SA) Act 2016.
Flinders University introduced aCOVID-19 Vaccination Policywhich requires all new staff to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to medical exemptions and limited exemptions.
Information for applicants:
A valid National Police Certificate satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful candidate can commence the position.
We seek to increase diversity to improve equal opportunity for employees, and therefore encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities and/or of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Please note that late applications and applications sent through agencies will not be accepted.
Closing of applications at 11:59 p.m.:
Sep 18, 2022